October 14, 2009

Advent Drivers


The Advent 4211c is one of the only items (I'm not a much of stuff collector) I bought when I was in UK. It's probably the most satisfying stuff I bought there. Very light, I used to bring it to campus and during my travels. I'd recommend it to any student. It's decent in power or capabilities but it's adequate enough to do some campus-based works, lets say, presentations, codings, emails, and more. The fact that it is light which you can bring it anywhere in campus, even in the lecture hall just to record the lecture with the webcam is awesomely a good buy for me :-)

My Advent is fitted with the (once) popular netbook processor, N270 Atom, with the speed of 1.6GHz. There were rumours saying there will be Intel Dual Core Atom for netbooks, but haven't heard any OEMs producing one - they are made for nettops. Although good for running standard applications, sometimes it can be quite slow if you run multiples of them. Nevertheless, with the slim chassis weighs just about 1Kg, I'm cool with it. Not to mention, you can get the 9-cells battery from ebay and get it running for 7/8 hours! The best thing about this would be the very low power consumptions. Bring it to your campus without stuffing your backpack with its power adapter, no extra weight on your back!

Here are the site to get the drivers from :


There are many variants of the similar specifications of my netbook, but I'm sure they all mostly giving us the same capabilties. MSI Wind u100, to name one. Even the small netbook the Terengganu Government gave to the standard 5 students is one of the variants.

Updated : Based on this, I believe there will not be Intel Dual Core Atom for netbooks in the near future. A bit longer, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a reply