April 28, 2010

Comedy

Renung-renungkan dan selamat beramal

Hi

I woke up to a good humorous video this morning posted by a friend on facebook. I'll post it here later. It was a compilation of videos of an actor making parodies of the famous Malaysian councellor, Mr. Fazilah Khamsah (my apology if I spelled it wrong).

It was quite funny, haha.



Just now, while browsing through a book trolly (you know, the trolly that the librarian asked people to put the books they read on, instead of putting them back straight to the shelves themselves - I have this habit of checking them out sometimes just to see if I could find anything interesting). So, I found this book entitled Comedy Writing Secrets by Melvin Helitzer.

My eyes caught this one liner;

Plagiarism : the unoriginal sin.
-Roy Peter Clark

I thought it was kinda cool. I know I can't come up with something like that. Creative people.

I had breakfast with a couple of good friends about an hour ago and one of them was talking about the book he's currently reading - something about a study on the successful people.

There's more to it, but in short, apart from efforts, there are many other reasons for one to become successful in one's particular field. Interestingly, the book sounds like these 'factors' are even more important than the efforts you put in. Be it wealth, physical condition, birthday, the connections to the people around - there are many kinds. And they were discovered statistically.

Being smart helps you, but being little less smart and having these right 'factors' helps you more.

Good thought.

 

1 comment:

Write a reply