August 2, 2013

GUI Design

I have not been focusing on GUI design yet as I prefer to make sure some basic functions for the App are working first. The idea is to write these different functions separately into multiple temporary Apps for testing/debugging and then I'll combine these into our final App. Even so, I did play around with the Android GUI just to get the feel of them.

The Eclipse provides basic drag and drop with their graphical tools but sometimes they could go wrong. The attributes of each view that we use can be incorrectly set up by the tools and although it looks nice on Eclipse, it isn't so on your phone. Also, we need to cater to different screen sizes, ensuring that the looks do not go wrong.

So, the best way is to study on these different layout properties first i.e. Grid Layout, Linear Layout, Relative Layout and also Android views. There is also a guidelines for the GUI design at Android Developer site. I have read a good book on this, I'll get back to attaching it here later.

So far, these are a couple of GUI designs that I played with






I think the best looking one at this moment is the one below. But I still can think of some changes that I can make on the look (Especially our faces right there, haha). If you have any suggestions, comments or samples, go ahead and let me know.

On Phone

On Galaxy Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a reply