May 20, 2010

Playing with CSS

...bila dah bosan nie, macam nak mintak new term start awal sket la plak

Actually I really wanted to learn Python as soon as possible but the whole redesigning thing took all the time up until now. With the weather taking the devil's side, I was here in the living room the whole day being a geek tweaking this blog.

I was reading a lot too. If only I have the writing skills, I'd have written some good summed up articles but nah maybe later.

So, wanna know what have I changed? First of all is the whole layout size. Having a netbook, it has been a must for me to make sure that this blog is viewable via my netbook as normal as it is viewed on the other expensive computing crap (no offense). So, I made it just so that it fits both just nice. Secondly, the whole typography thing. I used mostly Georgia. Looks appropriate for any long article.

Then, I added the "pullquote". Not sure what that is? Is the thing there on top right of this post, where I used mostly for quotations. That one is inspired by BBC News for its neat looking. I also modified the "blockquote" a little bit. See it below, so now you know I don't just make up my own story, hehe.

A teenage engineer has scooped several awards at US science fair for a device which could be used to save lives.

The design of James Popper, 18, from Wiltshire, detects kitchen fires without setting off false alarms.He was inspired to develop the device after an elderly friend with dementia had a devastating kitchen fire.About 1,600 students took part in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in San Jose last week.

The CookerSmart design detects the infrared in flames, reducing the likelihood of false alarms.
The Marlborough College student won accolades including the best of category award for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, and an invitation to the Stockholm International Youth Science Seminar.It sees 25 of the world's best young scientists and engineers meet during the Nobel Prize ceremonies.He also came first in the US Government Patent and Trademark Office Society Award and was the winner of the United Technologies Corporation Prize.

James received cash awards, two scholarships, company shares and a grant for his school.

(Source : BBC News)

Note : This kid is awesome. How would you know those little daily observations can help you to achieve something like that? Okay, next time we stare at things with thought more than our eyes alright?

There is also the whole sidebar thingy. Not much but that's all to it. The last one is the "menu bar" above. That one is pretty tricky. I wanted to make something like the menu bar here (see it at top right) but I just couldn't make it work right. Maybe I'll try again later.

That's all folks. There are a few new things to be added, I guess maybe next time :)

What dya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a reply